1) Click on the Start Button and then click on Control Panel in the second column. If you do not see a second column, click on Start, then Settings, and finally Control Panel.
2) In the Control Panel look for the icon named Network and Sharing Center. Double click on that icon.
3) If you do not see the Network and Sharing Center icon, do the following. Click on Network and Internet, and then click on Network and Sharing Center.
4) In the upper left-hand corner of the Network and Sharing Center look for the link that says Manage network connections and click on it once.
5) You will now be in the Network Connections window. Look for an icon named Local Area Connection. Right click on this icon and then left click on Properties.
6) The Local Area Connection Properties window is now open. In the small box in the middle of the window scroll down to the bottom. Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) once to highlight it, and then click on the Properties button.
7) The Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties window is now open. Edit the DNS settings so they match the screenshot below.
8) Click OK on this window, and then OK or Close on the Local Area Connection window. Close any other open windows. Your DNS settings are now updated.